How do you get your boat to and from the water? Carriers, racks, trailers, vehicles, etc.
This is a technical area. Please stay on-topic and be civil and respectful to others. We are all here to help birds and wildlife remain healthy and alive, even if our opinions may differ.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:08 pm
by PaddleBear » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:18 am
This is one that I cannot tackle by myself. I can tell what I do, but there are just too many ways to transport a boat and I only have direct experience with my own. Here's what I do. Please post what you do so all of us can benefit by it.
I have a pickup with a canopy on the back. This would be similar to a SUV, I suppose. I have Yakima racks on the canopy. The old round ones. I have two of those pull-out bars, both on the passenger side. To put the boat up, I:
- Pull the rear bar out all the way and the front bar out a few inches.
- Lift the stern of the boat up and put it onto the rear pull-out bar.
- Grab the boat by the handles and flip it upside down.
- lift the bow up and place it on the front pull-out bar.
- Move stern and then bow fully onto the racks and slide in the pull-out bars.
- Strap it down with locking tie-downs, one on each of the racks.
Return to “Transport”
- ↳ Why we do this
- ↳ Feeling Good
- ↳ About Us, Rules, etc.
- ↳ General, Off-topic, Sunsets, etc.
- ↳ Info about wildlife entanglements and other programs
- Tools, Equipment, Kayaks, Canoes, other boats.
- ↳ Tools and Equipment
- ↳ Kayaks, Canoes, etc.
- ↳ Transport
- ↳ Fishing Line Retrieval
- ↳ Boat Handling
- ↳ Checklists